Thursday, October 04, 2007

Punkin' Crazy!

This time of year, I get the craving for everything pumpkin!! I saw these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins in an old issue of Taste of Home my mom gave me and I just had to try them. Doesn't this picture make you want to lick the page?

The only downside of this recipe was the nutritionals. They taste great, but holy cow, TWO CUPS of sugar for twelve muffins? I cut it down to one and a half cups and still felt like I was coming off a sugar buzz after eating one. A total of three eggs doesn't help, either.

The other weird thing about this muffin was the fact that it says it makes 24 muffins, but I wound up with twelve. I might have been able to stretch it out to 16, but there was no way I could have made 24. Yet I had enough of the filling to make twelve dozen of these babies!

These muffins are good, but I think I'll mosey on over to Dee's Eating at Home? and see if her recipe is a little less guilt-inducing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure mine is any healthier. LOL

The muffins look good. I guess we just have to think of them as dessert rather than breakfast.