Saturday, January 26, 2008

Root-Beer Barbecue


This is something I've heard of online and have been wanting to try: take some beef or pork (in this case, a piece of bottom round roast and some boneless pork chops that needed to be used), put it in a crock-pot. Cover the meat with root beer and cook all day. Drain the meat and shred, then add a barbecue sauce (homemade or your favorite bottled), heat through.

This was good, but I've gotta say it didn't taste that much different than other barbecues I've made in the crock pot. The root beet did a good job of tenderizing the meat, but you couldn't really taste it in the finished product. But still a good meal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks good. Steve and I were looking at a Hallmark magazine today and they had an article on meals from the pressure cooker. Some of them looked really good. I think there may be a pressure cooker in our future.

Between that and the crock pot meals should be pretty easy.