Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Seriously.

I have been cooking...really. It's just that once I get it all over with, get the kitchen cleaned up, and do whatever else I need to do, blogging has lost it's appeal. Here's a look at what's been cooking at the Wolfe House:


I thought this was salmon, but according to the guy at Winn-Dixie, it's actually steelhead trout. It cooked up and tasted like salmon, but the texture was a little different...more flaky? It was a nice change. I wish I could find a REAL fish market that features more than tilapia and salmon. One more thing I miss about Gainesville!


Chocolate covered strawberry for dessert. Local strawberries are on the market right now, and I've gotta say they aren't as good as I was expecting. Maybe it's just the apples are so good I can't think of anything else. Have you ever had a Honeycrisp apple? As of today, I have, and HOLY COW.




Pizza on the Big Green Egg. Nothing special, but very tasty.


I came home from class on Friday night and this meatloaf was waiting for me. It was really good! AND I didn't have to make it!



By the way, I hope you all like my new look. I never actually said anything about it, but Mike put together the banner for me, and I think he did a bang-up job!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I noticed the new banner as soon as I clicked on. Very nice.

We went to the new farmer's market in Maitland on Sunday. The strawberries looked fantastic. Unfortunately, Steve had bought a quart at Publix the day before. I'm hoping this Sunday they'll still have some strawberries!