Saturday, May 03, 2008

Meat Loaf Wellington

My grandfather, an Iowa farmboy, had a favorite meal - fried chicken and mashed potatoes. When my grandmother made her legendary fried chicken and mashed potatoes, grandpa knew he was doing okay by her. The same goes with Mike and my Meat Loaf Wellington. It's a Taste of Home recipe, and for the amount of euphoria it produces in my husband, the level of work involved is actually very low. It's just regular ol' meatloaf, which you spread out on aluminum foil and put mozzarella cheese in the middle. Then you roll it up and stick it in the oven. Easy-peezy.

Then, you take it out of the oven (I use a meat thermometer and take it out when it reaches rare) and drape crescent roll dough over the top. The recipe calls for using the whole roll of dough, but I find I only need half. I probably could use the whole thing and completely cover it, but I prefer to use the leftover rolls for breakfast the next day :)




That, my friends, is my recipe for a happy husband!

No comments: