Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Did You Know...

How easy it is to make your own whipped cream? I had no idea. I feel embarrased admitting that, because it identifies me as part of the generation of convenience foods. I think I grew up with a better awareness of where food comes from than most kids, but this was one of those things that slipped under the radar. But last week, I took out my whisk attachment, poured some heavy cream into my trusty stand mixer, added a pinch of salt, and watched it turn into this:


It was really neat to watch. I was tempted to keep letting it go and watch it make butter!

Glorious.


Even more glorious when there is homemade chocolate cheesecake under it.


2 comments:

phyl said...

All I've got to say is you really know how to drive all of us really nuts!! I think I gain weight every time I go to your Food Blog! Yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Try it with a little splash of Amaretto. YUM!