Monday, November 06, 2006

Chicken Meatloaf




Tonight I decided to celebrate getting back into cooking with one of our favorites: chicken meatloaf! I used chicken breast, fresh-ground by my very own hubby, and added bread crumbs to it. The glaze is ketchup, brown sugar, dijon mustard, and a splash of lime juice. We also had brown rice and a salad. To drink I made a daquiri of frozen strawberries, 7-Up, lime juice. and Margaritaville Last Mango tequila.

The verdict

Chicken breast...brown rice...salad...what a healthful meal! There wasn't even that much alcohol, maybe a half a shot each. I think everyone should use ground chicken instead of beef in their meatloaf, especially if a yummy glaze is used. It tastes great, and we avoid the so-full-I-might-puke feeling that usually comes after meatloaf. That's usually a good thing :) I give this meal 4 stars for taste and 5 stars for health.

No comments: