Saturday, November 04, 2006

I haven't done hardly any cooking this week! It seems like every night we've had something going on. I do, however, have a cake to show you. This Moist Chocolate Cake is my favorite cake to make, so when my friend Danielle asked me to make a cake for her chocoholic husband's birthday to bring to our lifegroup meeting, I knew just the right one!

The secret to this cake is coffee, believe it or not. It makes the cake very moist (hence the name) without adding anything but a very subtle coffee undertone to the taste, not enough to deter a non-coffee drinker like me. It's one of those things that people can taste once you tell them what's in it.


Ben is a graduate of the Unversity of South Florida, so I used green and yellow icing to decorate. This icing is very light, so I had to mix it with a fair amount of flour to get it tough enough for the lettering. I decided to actually plan out the lettering for the first time, and I'm pretty happy with the results. The cake was a big hit! The actual cake is moist, but not overly rich, and the icing is very sweet and light, which makes for a delicious pairing. Try this cake, you'll love it!

No comments: