Monday, November 20, 2006

Crunchy Two-Step Chicken Strips



We took Sophie to the dog park a few times this past week as a way for all of us to relax. We always ended up enjoying ourselves so much that we would stay until after we usually eat dinner, so once we got home I wanted something that I could do in a hurry. What I decided to do was defrost some chicken tenderloins from the freezer and make chicken fingers, using ranch dressing as the wash. I was going to try pretzels for the breading, but they have a strange way of disappearing in our house, so I ended up using crushed Triscuits. For dipping I made a honey-mustard sauce from mayo, honey, dijon mustard, and a squirt of horseradish. We also had steamed green beans and a fruit salad.

The verdict
I got the suggestion to use salad dressing and pretzels from a magazine, and while I wasn't sure about using dressing, it turned out to be a very simple and tasty dinner. I think Mike especially enjoyed them, as he inhaled his and polished off the rest of mine, too! Next time I'm going to hide the pretzels from Mike and try them on the chicken fingers! I give this meal 4 stars for taste and 3 and a half stars for health.

No comments: