Monday, February 12, 2007

Chicken Tandoori

Good news, everyone, the blog drought has ended! Mike replaced the digital camera he lost, so I've had fun playing with my new toy. Tonight's dinner was chicken tandoori, which has been marinating since yesterday. Tandoori features plain yogurt and curry, along with other spices, usually paprika. I baked the chicken at 350 for an hour, then put it on top of a bed of brown rice. We were send home with a truckload of food from Mike's dad's investiture this weekend, and we've been munching on the veggies all day, so I switched up dinner with some fresh fruit.

The verdict
This is the second time I've made chicken tandoori, but the first time I've served it over rice. I think I'll be doing it this way from now on. In my opinion, brown rice needs something over it to make it interesting, and this definitely qualifies. I should have planned this out better, though, because I had Indian food on campus today, then again tonight. So much curry! My stomach is not used to this! I give this meal 4 out of 10 stars for taste and health.

No comments: