Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Soft Chicken Tacos


I haven't tried this Soft Chicken Tacos recipe since July, but I came across it during a gleaning of the ol' recipe book and decided to make it again. I did something new this time in that instead of cooking a whole chicken at once, I put half in the crockpot and the other half in a freezer bag, then divided the sauce mixture between the two. The freezer bag went into the freezer, obviously. Lately I've been trying this with lots of my traditional recipes, instead of cooking way more than we need in one sitting and letting most of it go to waste. We also had a green salad with carrots, celery, and green onions.

The verdict
This recipe is always good, but we kept finding tiny chicken bones in our tacos. I think next time I'll make this with only the breast or thigh so we don't get as many bones. If I did it with thighs, it would be a cheap dinner. This recipe was a nice change from the usual. I give this meal 4 out of 5 stars for taste and health.

No comments: