Monday, February 19, 2007

Chicken Piccata


I tried a new recipe tonight, Chicken Piccata, which I picked because the recipe is similar to one of our favorites, Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Cream Sauce. The chicken is pounded thin, then browned with white wine and some other ingredients. We also had roasted red potatoes, steamed broccoli and cauliflower with a mixed drink of fresh-squeezed orange juice (thank you, Grandma B!), ginger ale, and citrus vodka.

The verdict
The chicken was very tender, but it needed something more. I suggested that next time I might try making a Dijon Cream Sauce like the tenderloin recipe and Mike was excited about that. I would also recommend serving it under a bed of angel-hair pasta, but since Mr. Picky doesn't like pasta, that option is out for us. This was a nice dinner, especially since we actually cleared off the table and had dinner the right way! I give this meal 3 out of 5 stars for taste and 4 stars for health.

No comments: