Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Crock-Pot Files: Beef Pot Roast


Yesterday was a long day for me, so I asked Mike to pick out one of the meals that I had prepared ahead and stuck in the freezer. He said it was very simple, just stuck it straight from the freezer to the Crock Pot and added some water. He also made white rice and a salad and ladeled the roast over the rice. In case you're dying to know, that's feta cheese on my salad. I love it, he hates it.

The verdict
Although a little watery, this was a great meal. Pretty much any meal I don't have to make is good! I would have preferred brown rice to boost the health rating of this meal, but hey, beggers can't be choosers! I wish I had come up with the idea of freezing half of all the Crock-Pot recipes I make, because it's great for nights like this one! I give this meal 3 stars for taste and health, and 5 stars to my hubby for making dinner. Gooooooo Mike!

No comments: