Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Grilled Salmon



For Memorial Day, we had an all-American meal - although by my definition, pretty much anything grilled is "all-American." First, we had salmon that was marinated for about 20 minutes in lime juice and Italian dressing. We also had a small salad, white rice, fresh corn, and some watermelon to finish it off. Mike grilled the corn as well, and before throwing them on the grill he soaked them in water, husks and all, for about 15 minutes. Notice how he left some of the husk on the corn for presentation. Do not notice the clutter surrounding the placemat.
The verdict
I wish I knew how to do interesting things with rice. Mike doesn't like fried rice (the egg grosses him out), so that's out. All I know to do is cook it and serve it with a little butter and salt. The corn was excellent, I'm so glad it's in season again! The fish was seasoned well, but was fishy-tasting, even for salmon. I give this meal 3 out of 5 stars for taste and 4 stars for health.

No comments: