Thursday, May 31, 2007

Homemade Pizza



Since we're leaving for vacation tomorrow, I tried to use up lots of things in the fridge that would go bad before we get back. Hence the pizza with mozzarella cheese that had already been opened. There wasn't quite enough cheese, though, so I decided to try a little leftover cheddar cheese on it as well. Some lunchmeat ham and canned pineapple also went on the pizza. We also had a salad, since the fresh vegetables won't last. You can see the mountain of tomatoes on Mike's salad. Howie the Guinea Pig was more than happy to take care of the rest of the vegetables for us.


The verdict

I felt a little bad because tonight's dinner is almost exactly like last night's dinner (meatball subs with salad that I forgot to take a picture of). But pizza is always good, and I put a little cheese on the salad to make it different from last night's. I give this meal 3 out of 5 stars for taste and health.









I also had a whole apple that I knew we weren't going to eat, so I decided to see what Howie would think if I just threw the whole thing in his cage. He wasn't quite sure what to think at first, but once he figured out how to bite into such a big object, he started chowing down. As you can see, Morgan the kitten was very interested in what was going on. So tonight you got a double feature - you got to see what the humans AND guinea pigs had for dinner!

No comments: