Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Burgers with Grilled Red Potatoes


Tonight I decided to see if I could make a whole meal on the grill, so I started with the obvious: hamburgers. Then I decided instead of the usual baked fries I make with burgers, I would try roasting some red potatoes in a basket. Next, some whole green beans from the freezer in a foil packet. They aren't in the picture because Mike didn't realize they started out frozen, so they had to go back on the grill. I even did dessert on the grill: grilled pineapple brushed with a mixture of brown sugar, Jack Daniels, and a little butter.

The verdict
I was pretty proud of myself for thinking of a whole meal done on the grill. It was pretty tasty, too. The pineapple was great; it was like dessert...but it was fruit! I give this meal 5 stars for taste and 4 stars for health.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's one way of keeping the house cooler!

The pineapple looks really good.