Sunday, September 16, 2007

Not much interesting cooking has been going on, due to the painting I've been doing. However, I did accrue an exciting hand-me-down from my mom: a waffle iron!! I've been wanting one for awhile, so when mom mentioned she wanted to get rid of hers, I jumped all over it. We had breakfast for dinner the next night, with the waffle mix made with my all-purpose baking mix, except I replaced half of the regular flour with whole wheat. I like to make my own baking mix instead of buying Bisquick - it's cheaper and much tastier.


On the side we had a fruit salad and a hashbrown casserole:



The only other interesting thing I've made this week was a peach cobbler. The peaches have been excellent lately, so I decided to make the best of it. The cobbler has a biscuit topping:

Topped with a little homemade ice cream, it was great!!

No comments: