Monday, September 03, 2007

While there has been a fair amount of cooking going on, by the end of the day I'm just not into blogging. I guess I'm going through a bit of a "dry spell" with my blogging. I have tried several new recipes lately, so here's what's been cooking at the Wolfes:

First, Mike can come home for lunch during the week if he wants to, and I made French Dip Sandwiches in the Crock Pot one day last week. I don't think I've ever tried a French Dip, so I'm not sure what made me want to try this recipe, but try I did, and Mike loved it! I did, too. It was so...satisfying. And easy!




I've been into making stir-fry lately, and here's my first made with beef. I sliced the beef while it was still partially frozen to get thin slices, then sauteed it with sugar snap peas, broccoli, and sliced garlic. Paired with brown rice, it was a very healthy, tasty meal.



Here's a dessert I decided to try from a book I got from the library about making bars and squares. They're brownie cheesecake bars, and boy were they rich! The brownie part was closer to fudge. Incredibly good, but cut into small pieces.



On to tonight's dinner: cedar-grilled salmon and spinach salad with a warm bacon dressing. The fish was marinated in a mixture of Penzey's new spice blend, Tuscan Sunset, olive oil, and Dijon mustard. Mike then cooked the fish on the grill with cedar planks, which made them very moist and tasty. The spice paired very well with the fish. The salad was also very good.



The dressing I made.



While we were scarfing down dinner, I had peaches roasting in the toaster oven, sprinkled with brown sugar and drizzled with honey. What a great end to a satisfying meal!

1 comment:

Thunder said...

What time should Lightnin and I show up for dinner? ;-)