Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Bounty for Today


My banana pepper is EXPLODING! I picked eight of them today, and there's lots more on the bush! Three of them were shared with the neighbors, three went into the freezer, and the others went into a salsa along with the tomatoes. This year is my first growing tomatoes, and I remember reading that once your tomatoes start to ripen, it's like a tidal wave. Whoever said that was right...I picked these this morning, and by evening four more were ready to be picked! But we're not complaning - just making ourselves fat on chips and salsa!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my first year with banana peppers! I'm not sure what to do with them. My tomatoes are going great. Just did one kind this year, the beefsteaks.

Jacki said...

Thanks for stopping by, Roxie! I've found that I can use the banana peppers in place of chopped bell peppers when recipes call for them. The taste is a little different - my banana peppers have a very "earthy" taste - but still good. Mostly mine get used up in salsa and stir-fries!

Anonymous said...

Jacki-

I've been lucky enough to have Thunder home from Beijing for the past week and he's done some cooking, but unfortunately no pictures. I enjoy your blog.

Lightnin