Saturday, June 24, 2006


Burgers and fries



My first real post for my food blog! This is actually the meal we had on Friday night, but I had no time to being this blog that night because I was busy getting ready to visit camp the next day.
This is my take on a classic American meal, and it also happens to be one of our favorites, especially now that we have our own meat grinder. We've been trying to use up some stuff in the freezer, and there were two patties allllll the way in the back, so Mike threw them on the grill while I put some water on to boil to make my homemade french fries. Of course, I discovered we were out of Idaho potatoes, but since I had already put water on to boil, I decided to try using red potatoes instead. Throw in some frozen broccoli and we've got our first meal for my new food blog!!
For dessert, we finished off the rest of the blueberry pie I made for dinner at Ken and Sherri's on Sunday.
The verdict
The fries turned out surprisingly good. I may even make them with red potatoes again! My mom found the pie recipe recently and tried it for Memorial Day, and it was GONE in the blink of an eye! Seriously, if you have a lot of fresh blueberries you need to use, you've got to try it! I give this meal 5 stars for taste, and 3 stars for health, since the fries were homemade with olive oil and we had a big portion of veggies.