Monday, June 26, 2006


Honey-Lime Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Red Potatoes

I got two pork tenderloins on sale a couple of months ago, and this is the second one. I tried my mom's honey-lime marinated pork tenderloin recipe that was one of our favorites growing up. I paired it with rosemary roasted red potatoes, which is a recipe I found on the Internet when I was looking for a copycat recipe for those great potatoes at Boston Market. To round out the meal we have steamed pole beans and a fruit salad of strawberries, apples, and peaches with raw sugar on top. To drink we have fresh-squeezed orange juice made with oranges from my grandmother's trees.

The verdict

This meal was GREAT! As soon as I tasted the pork I remembered why my mom always made this recipe when tenderloin went on sale (that's the only way she buys it too, lol). I think the key to this recipe is quality, fresh ingredients. The potatoes are my second-favorite way to have them, behind mashed potatoes, of course. I was surprised to find strawberries at the grocery store today as it's a little late in the season for them, but they were very good. The orange juice was amazing, as always. It's almost worth the labor it takes to squeeze them. I give this meal 5 stars for both tase and health!