Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Chicken Tacos


Mike and I found a really good deal on chicken breasts at Winn-Dixie, so we froze some whole and Mike hooked up the KitchenAid and ground the rest. We've had chicken tacos before, but never with ground chicken - only sliced. I seasoned the meat with cumin, coriander, paprika, and red pepper (I used to but the packaged taco seasoning, but it has way too much salt). We rounded out the meal with fresh green beans and a fruit salad with a homemade lime dressing.

The verdict
Mikel liked the tacos so well he said he'd be fine if we had them this way all the time. When Mike picks white meat over beef, you know it must be good! I liked the chicken as well because I can enjoy tacos practically guilt-free! I give this meal 5 stars for taste and 4 stars for health, because of the cheese, sour cream, and canned refried beans we had.