Thursday, June 29, 2006

Chicken and Biscuits

My mom included this recipe in the cookbook she made for me a few years ago, but I honestly don't remember having it for dinner as a child! I've considered making the recipe several times, but this is the first time I've actually attempted it. The end result turned out quite different, due to the fact that I scaled down the recipe quite a bit and left out the stewed tomatoes it called for. I also tried to make it a bit healthier by browning the bread crumbs and chicken in olive oil instead of butter. We also had fresh broccoli and a spritzer of fresh orange juice, sprite, and vodka - woohoo! What a party!
The verdict
Today marks Mike and I being together for three years, so I wanted to make a meal he would especially enjoy. He most certainly did! He went back for a large second helping. I was afraid to really brown the chicken because I thought it would get rubbery when I baked it, but it could have stood a little more crispiness. I give this meal 4 stars for taste and 3 stars for health. Considering this was my first try at this recipe, that's not too bad!