Sunday, July 30, 2006

Soft Chicken Tacos

Tonight I tried the recipe my mom posted while ago, soft chicken tacos. They were made in the crockpot, and were put together with refried beans, sour cream (for me), and cheddar cheese. Instead of green chiles like the recipe calls for (yuck!), I put in a can of corn. On the side we have pole beans.

The verdict
These were excellent. I ended up freezing the rest of the meat so I can pull it out the next time I don't feel like doing much. I also cooked down the bones into a broth, so look for a soup soon. This recipe was kind of involved, which I wouldn't usually mind, but Mike and I have had a loooooong weekend. His semester is ending right now, so he's been working hard on that. The pole beans were stringy, which I've never happen before. Weird. I give this meal 4 stars for taste and 4 stars for health.

No comments: