Saturday, July 28, 2007

I wanted to show you the simple dinner I threw together tonight. I say that I threw it together because I waited until the last minute to decide what we were having. After a consultation with my freezer, I pulled out some honey ham and bread that I got from the local discount bakery called Outback bread. It really is the same bread you get at the restaurant, and I've always meant to try it on a sandwich. This is Mike's sandwich:

Toasted Outback bread, ham, white American cheese, and pepperoni. Mine was sans pepperoni. I also broiled some squash that was given to us by my mom, who got it from her neighbor. I tossed it with some olive oil and sprinkled some kosher salt and chipotle pepper, and at the last minute I threw some carrots into the mix for me. I always forget just how much heat that chipolte pepper packs until I eat it again! Not too bad for a thrown-together dinner at the last minute.

No comments: