Saturday, July 01, 2006

Twice-Baked Potatoes


Mike’s parents came to visit last night and took us to the Mellow Mushroom. It’s a great little psychedelic pizza place by the University, with records covering the wall and bright orange paint. Fun to visit, but I could never work in a place like that! I can only take so much Jefferson Aeroplane. We ordered a “trash can pizza” with everything on it for my father in law and a pepperoni calzone for the rest of us, plus some yummy pretzels. I know, no veggies! ~gasp~ I went home and went right for the bag of baby carrots!

On to today's meal: I baked two big potatoes in the oven, scooped out the insides, mixed them with sour cream, Monterey-Jack cheese, and a slice of bacon, then popped them back in the oven to warm up again. I paired this with a nice big salad, and boy was Mike ready to go!

The verdict

This meal was the product of me not wanting to put much effort in our meal! I think it was very satisfying, nonetheless. I give this meal 4 stars for taste and 3 stars for health.