Friday, April 13, 2007

Breakfast for Dinner: Whole-Grain Pancakes


I was in the mood for breakfast tonight, so I looked up a recipe for whole-grain pancakes, because I've been trying to incorporate more whole-grains whenever possible, and I found one featuring toasted wheat germ, which I just bought for the first time as part of my incorporation effort. The recipe I decided to try had a blackberry-maple syrup along with it, which I decided to try with some fresh strawberries I had instead of blackberries. We also had a wee bit 'o bacon and some scrambled eggs, and a fruit salad of kiwis, strawberries, and apples.

The verdict
Eh. The pancake batter was thinner than what I'm used to, which made pancakes that were thinner then what we're used to. They tasted okay, but I wasn't overly impressed with the sauce. It smelled good, but it's hard to beat good ol' maple syrup, I guess! I give this meal 2 out of 5 stars for taste and 3 and a half stars for health.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love breakfast for dinner!

You're right. You just can't beat good old maple syrup and butter!