Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Ham Files: Hawaiian Pizza

This was a pretty simple meal, but I wanted to show you another use for the huge ham I got last week, most of which is sitting in the freezer right now. I made the best, easiest pizza crust ever, and topped it with Newman's Marinara Sauce, and mixture of shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese, and some ham and canned pineapple. On the side we had a green salad. Like I said, not that exciting to look at, but very good nonetheless. I never liked Hawaiian pizza until a few years ago, when I was working in a pet store with a manager who would order us a Hawaiian pizza because it was her favorite, and I would eat it because I was starving. I acquired a taste for it. By the way, did you know that blotting your slice of pizza with a napkin can reduce the saturated fat content by 8-15%? Just a little tidbit for ya :)

No comments: