Thursday, April 26, 2007

Playing Catch-Up


I have a backlog of food pictures to show you! Nothing incredibly exciting, for two reasons:

  1. this was finals week for me
  2. we're moving soon, so I'm trying to use up everything from the freezer, including the ready-made crock pots meals I make occasionally.


First up, a meal from the freezer. I made chicken tandoori awhile back and put half in the freezer for later use - like this week! I took it out two days before to defrost, figuring this would be a really busy week for me, the kind where 6:00 rolls around and you say, "What am I going to do for dinner?!?" Or am I the only one who has those days? Anyhoo, we also had brown rice and fruit salad of bananas, apples, kiwi, and strawberries.




Next up, we have last night's dinner, courtesy of Mike, who got major brownie points last night for making dinner while I was finishing two papers. He made burgers on whole-grain buns, baked potatos, corn, and green beans, all made on the grill. There wasn't an inch of space left on the grill! It was all very good, but SO much food! He says next time he thinks he'll skip the potato. It was the first time we tried the buns, and they were just "eh." Does anyone know of a good whole-grain/wheat bun?




Last up, the cake I made for my friend Hollie's baby shower last weekend. I've been trying my hand at cake decorating, but I didn't have time to go online and get some good cake-decorating instructions. Plus the darn thing cracked! It was my usual chocolate cake recipe, which is really good, but I think I'm ready to try something different next time. So if you have a favorite chocolate cake recipe, send it my way!

Be on the lookout for more food pictures as my life returns to a respectable pace...at least until the move!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The flowers are beautiful!