Sunday, April 29, 2007

Spaghetti with Meat Sauce


I had some leftover ground beef from the burgers Mike made a few nights ago, so I decided to make a meat sauce to go with some spaghetti. I started with some plain canned tomato sauce and seasoned it with fresh garlic, oregano, basil, and a little rosemary. Since Mike doesn't eat pasta, when I get the hankerin' for it, I make some good bread to go with it, and Mike just skips the pasta. So I made a french bread, along with a spring mix salad. That's feta cheese on top of my salad. Gosh I love feta!

The verdict
What is it about spaghetti that's so good? It's so simple, but it sure hit the spot. The bread was crusty on the outside and soft on the inside - I read somewhere that you should stick a pan of water in the oven when you're baking the dough, and the steam helps form the crust. I give this meal 4 out of 5 stars for taste and 3 stars for health.

No comments: