Friday, September 22, 2006

Grilled Fish with Brazilian Garlic Marinade

I picked up some red snapper at a good price at the local supermarket on Wednesday, and we made it with Brazilian Garlic Marinade on Thursday. We grilled it right on the rack and brushed it with the marinade halfway through. I also got some watermelon, so we had that with steamed broccoli and 10-minute brown rice.
The verdict
The fish was refreshingly different. I don't serve fish that much because I get tired of the sprinkle-it-with-seasoning-and-throw-it-in-the-oven routine. I tend to prefer the meatier types of seafood, and this was a new, interesting way to prepare it. I plan to look for more marinades that would work on fish in the future, as this marinade was good but didn't blow me out of the water. Everything else was good too, ten-minute rice is a good friend of the Wolfe household! I give this meal 3 and a half stars for taste and health.

No comments: