Sunday, September 03, 2006

New York Strip Steak
Mike and I were at Winn-Dixie today, and they had a great price on steaks, so we decided to celebrate the Gator victory with some New York Strips! We sprinkled Montreal Steak seasoning on them when we got back and let that sit in the fridge until grilling time. On the side I baked potatoes and steamed some fresh broccoli in the microwave. I also made a mixed-fruit daquiri with Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay Passion Fruit Rum.
The verdict
These steaks cut like butter and tasted like heaven! This was seriously the best steak I've ever had. I think letting the steak seasoning sit for a while really made a difference. The daquiris were more like smoothies, but still good. I underestimated the mildness of the rum, and I always hesitate to add any sugar to my drinks. I think next time I'll try a little Sprite. I give this meal 5 stars for taste and 4 stars for health.

No comments: