Sunday, September 10, 2006

Little Chicken Meat Loaves
I told Mike I was thinking about making meat loaf for dinner tonight, and his eyes lit up and he said, "Is it going to be those little individual ones?" and I said, "...I guess it will be!" The unique thing about this recipe is that it has oatmeal in it, which I had never heard of. I left out the cheddar cheese that the recipe calls for, because last time I made this we decided we couldn't taste it. On the side we have roasted red potatoes and steamed green beans.
The verdict
This meal was very good! My favorite part is the glaze, which features brown sugar, ketchup, and a little mustard. If you've noticed we've been having a lot of red potatoes, you're right. That's because I thought we were out of red potatoes, looking right over the ten-pound bag we had. So I bought more, and now we have seventeen pounds of red potatoes that we have to eat before they go bad. Anhywho, I give this meal 4 and a half stars for taste and 4 stars for health.

No comments: