Thursday, September 07, 2006

Stromboli
We haven't had a real meal in a few nights, so I decided to make one of my childhood favorites: Stromboli! Mike put some half-whole wheat pizza dough in the breadmaker this afternoon, and when I got home from classes I rolled it out and put it in the oven. I usually just put pepperoni in my stromboli, because I'm too lazy to brown the meat and onions, and didn't even like onions until recently. This time, though, I took a sausage I got from the Chef's Table in Clermont and browned it with chopped onions and garlic. Along with pepperoni and provolone cheese, this makes for one stuffed stromboli! On the side we have roasted green beans and fruit salad.

The verdict
That sausage was deceptively large! I almost did two, but I'm glad I only defrosted one from the freezer. I didn't like this sausage when we had it a couple weeks ago on buns, but this was pretty durn tasty. I give this meal 4 stars for taste and 2 and a half stars for health.

No comments: