Sunday, January 14, 2007

Crock Pot Chicken

I bought a country-style chicken (because I hate cutting it up myself) and I decided to give it a go in my beloved new crockpot. I sprayed it with olive oil, then sprinkled it liberally with onion powder and garlic powder. Then the crock pot did the rest. On the side, we had steamed broccoli, leftover crescent rolls, and brown rice.

The verdict
I don't know what it is, but ever since my days as a camp counselor, I can't stand chicken and rice together. They used to serve this yellow rice dish with chicken in it that was old and tough and nasty, and it always made me sick. I thought this would be okay as long as the chicken and rice didn't touch each other. The chicken was good, and the rice was good, but together...eh. I definitely plan on making chicken like this again, though, because it's much easier than baking it. The leftover chicken and bones are simmering in the crock pot, so look, for a tasty chicken soup in the coming days. I give this meal 2 stars for taste and 3 and a half stars for health.

No comments: