Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Mike and I spent the weekend in Fort Lauderdale, and while I definitely would not want to live there, the city has some GREAT food!! Mike and I went to a great restaurant called the River House, which was two old houses that were connected and converted into a restaurant. I would like to apologize in advance for the poor picture quality, they were taken with Mike's phone, since SOMEONE lost the digital camera.

First up, a raspberry mojito. This was my first mojito, and I thought it was pretty good. I don't think I'd like a traditional mojito, though; I need the fruit to take the edge off.





Next up, I had crabmeat-encrusted black grouper with a creamy sweet corn sauce and truffle-infused yukon gold mashed potatoes. This was WAY fancier than anything I would make, but I would like to try my hand at the corn sauce, as I think it would make just about anything taste better. The crab-grouper combination was delectable. The potatoes were tasty as well, but I couldn't pick out the truffle taste. I was excited to try them, because I've never had truffles before. For dessert, Mike and I split a Bailey's chocolate-mint cheesecake. It was plated beautifully, and I wish I'd had room to enjoy it better. I couldn't really tase the Bailey's or the mint, but I suspect I was too full! The River House was the most romantic restaurant I've ever been to, and I'd recommend this restaurant if you're ever in Fort Lauderdale. I hope that we can take my parents there next year and I can show you more pictures!

No comments: