Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Fresh Berry Tarts, Part Trois

Okay, I admit it: I am actually a little embarassed that I have made the SAME recipe three times in one week. I have never done anything like this before! I even had to look up what the French word for 'three' is for the title of this post! Really, I can't believe I'm writing about this recipe again! But I did do something a little different this time - instead of bothering with making my own glaze, I just picked up some strawberry glaze from the produce section of Publix. They had it right next to the strawberries (clever marketing ploy - which I totally fell for!)

All I did was glop it on top, but when I make this recipe again (and it WILL be awhile!) I will probably warm it up slightly to make it a little prettier and cover the berries better. Using the store-bought glaze held everything together nicely. I made these for a meeting at the family business, and there were no transportation problems whatsoever - I don't even think I lost one berry!


For some reason, all the diners thought these were cherry. I guess the glaze is a little cherry-ish, in a fake kinda way. But everyone seemed to enjoy them.
We now return to our regularly scheduled, more varied programming. Even I'm getting a little tired of looking at tart pictures!

No comments: