Sunday, February 10, 2008

Classic 100% Whole Wheat Bread

I got this recipe from the back of the King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour bag, and since the flour is so good, I figured the recipe would be good, too. I was not disappointed - the loaf was slightly nutty and moist, and was wonderful with my mom's homemade peach jam. I decided to mix the dough by hand, because there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing it yourself. That is, when you're not in a hurry! I had the choice of adding either honey, maple syrup, or molasses to the dough; I chose molasses because it has the most nutritional value of the three. It imparted a nice, slightly sweet flavor. I think I'm going to go snack on a toasted slice now! Maybe with some Canadian honey this time...

[logs off quickly]

Recipe can be found here at the King Arthur flour website.

No comments: