Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Good Booty

Mom took me to the World Market yesterday, and I went crazy in the food section. It made me miss the Fresh Market in Gainesville :-( I like living in Leesburg, but one thing I don't like is the lack of places to get good food. Take a look at some of my "booty:"


Stir-fry sauces. I had ordered the black bean sauce from a Thai market online previously, and I think with shipping and everything I paid about six dollars. Both of these cost me five. SCORE!!

They had an entire section of little sample-sized bottles that were like a dollar, and the raspberry conserve is from that section. I hope conserve is a fancy word for jam :) I almost got a little bottle of the garlic oil, but I decided on the big one. It's not like we're not going to use it all! The roasted garlic salsa was calling my name, and the fact that it was on sale did not help matters!


Tonight's dinner - chicken stir-fry using the garlic oil and chile garlic sauce. I found out too late that we're very low on frozen vegetables, so this stir-fry is a little unconventional: corn (I much would have preferred baby corn), green beans (not exactly a Chinese vegetable), baby carrots, yellow onion, and some red pepper strips. I followed the recipe on the jar, and this dish packed some HEAT!! I was glad I had milk to drink! My lips were burning after eating, but Mike enjoyed it. He's more couragous in that department. I think next time I'll cut the amount of sauce used in half.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget next time you come down to NeedleOrts to stitch that the Fresh Market is only two blocks away.