Sunday, February 10, 2008

Steelhead Trout with Brown Jasmine Rice and Vegetable Medley


This was the most well put-together meal I've made in a long time, but I didn't really plan it that way. I dusted the trout with Penzey's Black and Red Hot & Spicy Salt-free seasoning and some coarse kosher salt, then Mike cooked it on the Big Green Egg while I prepared some brown Jasmine rice and a veggie. The vegetables were a new blend by Green Giant called "Healthy Weight." It seemed like a ploy to make more money to me, but hey, I had a coupon! It was a blend of sliced carrots, sugar snap peas, black beans, and edamame in a light butter sauce. It was quite tasty, and a good way to introduce Mike to edamame. The spiciness of the fish paired well with the mild taste of the rice and vegetables. I love it when we have a satisfying, delicious, yet healthy meal!
updated 2-11: Apparently there was a problem with the photo - I think it's fixed now!

No comments: