Sunday, February 24, 2008

Key Lime Cake


I usually don't use boxed cake mixes, but this recipe intrigued me, and I decided to give it a try. The recipe includes a box of lemon cake mix and a box of instant lemon pudding, and it's been my experience that adding pudding mix can really improve the texture of a recipe. I got a mini bundt cake pan over Christmas, and this is the first time I've been able to use it, and I really like how they turned out. The first time in the oven, I overfilled the pan a little, and I had to trim off the tops. Guess which two members of this household were standing ready to take care of the excess cake? I'll give you a hint: one has four legs and is slightly more hairy than other one.

The only thing I might change about this recipe is the glaze. The above picture is right after I poured on the glaze, but after it cooled it seeped into the cake, making it very moist. But it was super-sweet, and I would have preferred a glaze that hardened over the cake and wasn't quite so hurt-your-teeth-sweet. If anyone has one that might work, I'm open to suggestions!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Those were wonderful, and I want the recipe. You don't need to change a thing

Jacki said...

cooking compliments are always even more flattering when delivered by your mother :)