Sunday, October 15, 2006

Grilled Chicken with Boiled Red Potatoes


I decided to give my Trinidad-Garlic Marinade another try, so we used whole chicken breasts and grilled them. I also decided to try my hand at boiling red potatoes, Cajun style, with Old Bay Seasoning. The chicken took longer than expected, so with the extra time I made us mixed drinks of orange juice, sprite, pomengrante juice, and Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay Passion Fruit Rum. We also had steamed pole beans.


The verdict
We still couldn't taste the marinade. The chicken was still a little frozen by the time we needed to start dinner, though, so I guess next time I'll give it longer. We enjoyed the potatoes, however, and I plan on fixing them this way again. The drink rounded out our tropical-themed meal nicely, and I give this meal 3 and a half stars for taste and 4 stars for health.

No comments: