Monday, October 02, 2006

Grilled Pork Chops


I've never been a big fan of pork chops, but I always suspected that it was because I'd never had them done in a way that I liked. So when I came across an article entitled, "How to Make the Perfect Pork Chop," I jumped all over it. Tonight I decided to give it a try. It seems that the key is to rinse the chops, then sprinkle them with your seasoning. I used Penzey's Florida Seasoning on both sides, them Mike grilled them. We also had roasted red potatoes with Penzey's Kosher salt and garlic powder and steamed green beans. To drink, I made a smoothie with frozen peaches, orange and lime juice, and strawberry yogurt with a little grenadine for color.

The verdict
Hold your breath...I really enjoyed the pork chops! They were moist and tender, and the seasoning brought out the flavor. I couldn't believe the difference the high-quality kosher salt made with the potatoes! I always thought salt was just salt, but I used half of what I usually do and tasted it more. Overall, I give this meal 4 and a half stars for taste and 4 stars for health.



As a side note, I used another one of my Penzey's purchases, Natural Process Cocoa Powder, to make hot chocolate. Hot chocolate is another one of those things I've never been a huge fan of, but this was awesome!! I guess it's just another example of what a difference quality makes. If you ever decide to buy from Penzey's, beware: that company is so addictive! I also put a piece of candied ginger in the bottom of each glass, which was a nice treat at the end. I took a picture to show you, but it looked like a glass full of brown liquid. Not that impressive.

No comments: