Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Cheddar Chili Cups

Last night we had a Financial Peace University meeting to go to, so I made Cheddar Chili Cups out of leftover taco soup. I hollowed out two whole-wheat Chicago hard rolls, filled them with the taco soup, put a slice of cheddar cheese on top, and popped the whole thing in the toaster oven to warm up. On the side we have steamed broccoli and a fruit salad of apples, pineapples, and the last of the peaches we got from Georgia (sob!)

The verdict
This meal is soooo easy, and it tastes so good! I just keep some rolls in the freezer and pull them out when I need them, so I don't even have to plan far ahead! Yee-haw! Mike was really quiet when we started eating, then he stopped and said, "Holy cow, this is so good!" I was so sad to use the last of the peaches, though. They taste so much better than what I got at the supermarket today. I give this meal 4 stars for taste and health.

No comments: