Friday, August 04, 2006

Honey-Mustard Salmon with Sherri's Whole Wheat Rolls

Tonight our good friends Ken and Sherri Broadway came for dinner, so I wanted to plan something special. We started off with my own margarita recipe, which means I cut up fruit and dumped in ice until I thought it looked right. I ended up using mango, strawberries, and lime juice. Then we had honey-mustard salmon, roasted green beans, and whole wheat rolls Sherri brought. For dessert, I made my first attempt at a flan. I made it in a Bundt pan last night so it could chill. I served it with Cool Whip and strawberries.

The verdict

I bet you wish you could come to my house for dinner! Everything was good, good good! The honey mustard sauce was great with the salmon, and the rolls Sherri brought were excellent. Perhaps she'll be kind enough to share the recipe with us :) The flan was to die for, but man, was it hard to make! It took quite a while, and I don't even want to know how much fat a recipe featuring mostly eggs and cream has! I think this is one of those once-a-year type of desserts! I give the meal 5 stars for taste and 4 stars for health, and the flan 5 stars for taste and 0 stars for health.

No comments: