Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Cheeseburger in Paradise, Atlanta, Georgia

I found this place online before we left on our trip, and I knew we had to go there! It took us awhile to find the place, then we had to wait to a table, so by the time we were seated, we were definitely ready for some heaven on earth with an onion slice! By the time our server finally decided to come to our table, we were pretty annoyed at her for making us wait over 10 minutes, but darn it if she wasn’t so charming that we couldn’t stay mad at her! I ordered a blackberry swirl margarita, which came adorned with a lizard lips made of orange and lime slices. Mike and I split the “Son of a Son of a Sailor Salad.” For an entrĂ©e, we just had to order cheeseburgers! Mike ordered the “What’s Shakin’ Bacon Burger,” and I decided to try their “Not Too Particular Not Too Pressed” burger. It’s similar to their regular burger, but they put it in a presser. It had Velveeta and cheddar cheese on it and was pressed in a griddle to make it flat.

The verdict
I think people mostly come to this place for the atmosphere, but the food was pretty good, too. Although not nearly as impressive-looking as the picture on the menu, the margarita was very tasty. It came with a shot glass of tequila so you could put in as much as you wanted, which I was glad for. I would have been quite, er, inebriated if I had consumed all that tequila! Plus we got to keep the shot glass! Mike had “no complaints” about his burger. The boy would eat just about anything if it had bacon on it! I wasn’t too sure about my pressed burger when the server brought it out, but it turned out to be very good. Overall, this restaurant seemed to be on the expensive side for a cheeseburger, but you can’t beat the atmosphere, and the food was good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you two had fun. I'm so jealous....Atlanta is my favorite city. Well, except for home (Philadelphia).

Hope you have a good vacation!