Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Salmon Fillets


First off, I would like to apologize for my sporadic posting. I have been stressing over school and then yesterday I woke up sick. But never fear, I'm feeling better today. I went to Publix and got a big salmon fillet for us to share and was planning on making my regular honey-mustard sauce, then I discovered we were out of mayo. This got me wondering if I could use something else in place of the mayo, because I only keep the stuff around for this one recipe. So I decided to try light sour cream, mustard, and honey. On the side we have roasted red potatoes and steamed green beans.

The verdict

The salmon was very good - I think I'll use the sour cream from now on and avoid that mayonnaise-y taste (ewww!) Also, light sour cream has less fat than mayo. It's a win-win situation!! I give this meal 4 and a half stars for taste and health.

No comments: