Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Chicken Tacos

Tonight we had chicken tacos with black beans. I skipped the salt and preservatives of packaged taco seasoning and made my own with coriander, onion powder, red and white pepper, and cumin. We also had green beans and a fruit salad of bananas, pineapple, apples, and kiwi.

The verdict
I was a little concerned about my taco seasoning, because I grabbed what I thought was the cumin and gave it a generous dose, but it turned out to be the coriander. I thought it might give it a little too much earthy taste, but it was still good. I also managed to cook the green beans to just the right consistency - not an easy feat for me, since I usually either forget about them until they are mush or take them off too soon. Overall, I give this meal 4 stars for taste and 3 and a half stars for health.

No comments: