Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Bean Burritos


Tonight I tried a new recipe, bean burritos. They feature pinto beans, onion, and garlic, with a healthy dose of jalepeno pepper thrown in. This recipe caught my eye because the burritos can be assembled and frozen, then reheated for later. On the side we have a fruit salad of apples, bananas, watermelon, kiwi, and sweet cherries.

The verdict
I found this recipe from a cooking magazine my mom gave me, and boy, am I glad I tore it out! This recipe was great, and the rest of the burritos are waiting in the freezer as an alternative to Hot Pockets. With the price of food going through the roof, I'm anxious to see if these reheat well so I can make some more and use them for lunches. The only thing was, it seemed like the amount of rice I made was not nearly enough compared to the bean mixture, so I've adjusted the recipe accordingly. Maybe because I used 10-min rice? Anywho, I give this meal 5 stars for taste and 4 stars for health.

No comments: