Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Taco Soup

Tonight was a lesson in using leftovers to create a whole new meal! I had some taco meat, some tomato sauce, and some refried beans in the fridge, so I threw it into the crock pot with some other things to make one of our favorites: Taco Soup! On the side we have some tortilla chips which Mike warmed in the oven and some pole beans mixed with broccoli from the freezer because I didn't have enough beans, plus some cheese on top of the soup.

The verdict
This meal has been a never-fail hit ever since Marilyn Looney gave me the recipe shortly after I moved to Gainesville. It comes out a little different each time, and the recipe keeps evolving. It's also great for storing in individual containers and freezing for an easy lunch in a hurry. I give this meal 5 stars for taste and 3 stars for health.