Saturday, July 15, 2006

Pot Roast

This dinner is the result of my complete lack of creativity and being short on time. I did a lot of school work today, and looked at the clock at 5:00 and realized I had done nothing to plan dinner! Gah!! So I pulled a underblade chuck roast out of the freezer and stuck it in the microwave while Mike chopped up potatoes and onions and I threw a can of cream of mushroom soup and a packet of Italian Dressing mix in the Crock Pot. We also had some fresh green beans, which steamed while we scrambled to get ready for church.

The verdict

This meal turned out pretty good, for putting practically no effort into it! I had never tried putting the Italian Dressing mix in, and I probably won't again because realized too late that this pot roast has a LOT of salt in it, between the soup and the mix. I think my Crock Pot is getting a little old. In fact, I know it's old because it was a wedding gift for my in-laws when they got married, which was 29 years ago. Anywho, I think the heat distribution is getting a little funky in that thing, because some of the potatoes weren't done. I give this meal 2 and a half stars for taste and health.